Real letters or emails from patients 2009-2017
These comments come from real letters, cards, text, online reviews, or email messages. Personal identifying information removed.
- Dr. Arfa is kind, genuinely concerned, and very knowledgeable. I trust him completely. I have felt like he's an ally in the process of finding the right medicines for my complicated combination of conditions, instead of someone with whom I have to constantly advocate for myself. He doesn't take insurance, but the fee is 100 percent worth it to me. 2017
- Thank you for your hospitality. I have never had a professional ask me if I wanted tea. And the meeting is very cozy. You are great. 2017
- You have been working with one of my students for the past year who has had some significant symptoms. But under your care, the student is very successful in spite of symptoms that would otherwise be disabling. The student also is very good at self-advocacy and I believe you make that possible for the student. I believe the student has a bright future because the student received early intervention and appropriate care when needed. Thanks bunches for all you do at the university. 2016
- Thank you so much for being such an amazing and supportive person in my life. You have helped me in more ways than I imagined possible. 2016
- I am a pharmacy student, and got your name from all my friends who are pharmacists and see you and like you. 2016
- I never felt like I was at a doctors appointment. It was like speaking to a friend who was checking on me and how I was doing. I really liked my experience. Definitely will be back 2016
- I just want you to know how happy I felt seeing your face, and how grateful I will always be to you for saving my life and preserving my mind and health. You're awesome, have a great Thanksgiving! 2016
- Dr Arfa is such a caring doctor. He looks out for you. He called me and made sure I was ok when I was having a bad time. 2016
- I think you may be the only doctor in my world that listens to me and believes me. 2016
- I wanted to thank you for everything you've helped me with. I wouldn't be where I am today without your help. I think you are a wonderful doctor, and I'm sure many more young adults will be grateful for your help. :) 2015
- Thank you so much again for all your support, professional services, and most of all . . . for being there for (my daughter) when she needs you. This is the first time she has enjoyed, what should be, a standard patient/doctor relationship. 2015
- I do miss Houston and wish that we could continue our sessions online. I didn't realize that I had been seeing you since 2011, and the progress that I've made since then has really been life-changing. Thank you for everything you've done for me - I'd like to stop by and say hi when I'm in town (hopefully in October). 2015
- I have been working with you since my college days and I do not look forward to the day you decide to retire. :) You always provide an uninterrupted and calming atmosphere. You are very knowledgeable and always put the patient first. You are also very reassuring which is great for someone like myself who has OCD. My ONLY wish is that you had more (clinic) days available. 2015
- “You were the doctor that saved my life. I really believe that. (And now I'm crying, which is another reason why I wanted to email you...) After so many years (6?), you're like my friend who cared for me when I was at my all-time worst and helped me put the pieces back together, time and time again.” 2014
- I wanted to thank you for everything you've helped me with. I wouldn't be where I am today without your help. I think you are a wonderful doctor, and I'm sure many more young adults will be grateful for your help. :) ” 2014
- Thank you for all that you have done for me as a therapist. It meant a lot to me as a young adult to have an elder -- for lack of better word -- in my life who actually cared about my well being. I'm still working on my anxiety, but I have become a much stronger, more self aware person. And I owe that in large part to the direction you gave me. 2013
- I always remember your gentle warm heart, and wonderful professional work, as a psychiatrist (who) saved my life. 2013
- An excellent doctor (who) really cares for the students, regardless their origin or situation. International student, 2013
- Dr Arfa, thanks so very much for all of your help. I am so fortunate to have become your patient -- it was a critical time for me, and you helped me work through it, and become a better person. I'll never forget the help and guidance that you have given me.
- Thanks for all your help last year, for your guidance, and for making my dark days much better…I still have problems in my personal life but I am not depressed which is great and my resolution is to exercise more this year. 2013
- I’m very happy to have met you, as you have been a wonderful source of insight, inspiration, and help in my life. Thank you for everything.” 2012
- (Our family) wants to thank you for all the wondrous changes that you have helped bring about in our son. This seems to be a miraculous holiday season. 2012
- Dr. Arfa. Wishing you the joy and magic and wonderment which is life. PS: Thanks for everything. Christmas, 2011?
- Thanks for all your help, thanks for the advice and for helping me make my life better and happier. I will sure miss coming to therapy and talking with you. This is and has been such a big part of my life. I don't know what I would have done without you. Also, thanks for studying psychiatry. Because of that, you are are helping so many young troubled students. I am sad to say bye, but hopefully, I'll see you around. Good luck with all you do! 2010
- Thank you very much for keeping in touch with me during my transition to (new city)….I hope I can find a doctor as good as you. You have been a very kind, patient and understanding person to me over the years. Thank you for everything! 2010
- Thanks for being a positive force in my life, especially when I feel the worse. 2009
In turn, thank you very much for your letters, for letting me know how you are doing, and for the opportunity to work with you and treat you. KA
Important disclaimer: These comments should not create any expectation about the results of treatment. I do not assure a cure, nor compare my services to other clinicians. I to not advertise professional superiority over other health professionals.